Occupying a Marketing role that bridges the Engineering and Sales departments, Celestion is looking for an experienced Product Manager.
The role involves the successful interpretation of market requirements and the ability to turn them into actual products. This begins with the initiation of new product development by identifying potential opportunities: conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications and pricing; setting production timetables and managing new product ideas from concept through into production.
Following product completion, the role requires the presentation of the product as a saleable package including market analysis; development of unique features and benefits; launch and production timing; suggested pricing and intended applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Determining customers’ needs by carrying out market research.
- Recommending future product and product lines, appraising new product ideas and/or supporting material changes.
- Assessing the marketplace by comparing Celestion’s product range to that of our competitors.
- Evaluating market intelligence by calling on customers with field salespeople.
- Providing information for management by providing reports and analyses on product performance features; answering questions and requests.
- Bringing new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements; preparing specification and costing information; establishing time schedules with engineering and overview monitoring/project managing into production.
- Preparing and follow procedures to facilitate efficient, smooth and timely introduction of products and the generation of necessary supporting material.
- Introducing and market new products by developing plans, providing input, written content and other material for use by marcom and sales functions.
- Determining product pricing by utilising market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume.
- Providing support to sales and marcom, presenting new products and technical information as required.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Previous experience in a product management role is desirable and we would expect the successful candidate to have significant experience in the audio industry.
Apply in writing with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org